Monday, September 8, 2008

Summer Lovin

Happens so fast: lame Grease reference, but so true. I was in Spain for eight months; I came back home to Fargo for a little more than two; I'm going back to Spain for eight more. The summer goes fast.

These past two months I have been quite busy. I worked for a landscaping company and was stationed on a farm out in the beautiful North Dakota prairies. I did a lot of physical work outdoors, which I liked. I went to the Twin Cities a few times; I saw a few Twins' games; I went to the MN State Fair; I hung out with friends I haven't seen in a while. I had the chances to visit a few lake cabins in picturesque northern Minnesota. I visited with my relatives and reassured them that I'd be home for Christmas this year.


A drive-in theater in Warren, Minnesota. Yes, they still exist!


In Grafton with Abby.


Good ol' North Dakota corn.


Tall Grass Trail, the farm I worked at.

More pictures from the farm in Wild Rice, ND, a few miles south of Fargo.


From the Minnesota State Fair. The Labor Day weekend crowds.

Brother-in-law Roger, youngest sister Rachel, scowling sister Becca, and me.

Happy trails to another summer passed. Back to Spain. Logrono here we come. Spanish students, I hope you're ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your summer posting. I also looked for you on facebook. Put your blog site on facebook!

I still like your barnswallow nest shot the best.

DAD

Anonymous said...

I love the drive-in movie picture. Beautiful!

Rachel