Sunday, September 23, 2007

Okay. I am trying to put a video on my blog for you to see. This is a couple minutes of a ¨vaquilla¨. A vaquilla is not a bull fight. A vaquilla is basically a smaller tamer version of the running with the bulls and the bull fights. The bulls you see are smaller, and you can also notice that their horns have been altered so that they cannot gore anyone. The participants are young males (whoever wants to participate, I guess) and they actually try to put rings around the horns of the bull. Basically though, they are just running around with the bulls. The bulls aren´t harmed at all during this video, so don´t worry, it´s not like a regular bull fight.

The vaquilla took place earlier this year in my town (Logroño) during the city´s big festival (Fiesta de San Mateo).

Hopefully, the video will work, I haven´t tried this before... you might have to click on it to start it.


No comments: