Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Orientation

I am currently sitting in Madrid at a locutoria (internet lounge). I am here for orientation for my program. I don´t have much time to write now, I only have a few cents´ time remaining (you have to pay according to how much time you use the internet). It´s not that I´m running out of money, it´s just that I don´t have much in my pocket right now. Anyways, we only registered tonight and had supper. I took pictures which I will post soon, as well as pictures of the city, which is very large and beautiful. There are parks here the size of small towns and tall buildings hundreds of years old. It is a very surreal place, and very busy. As is our hotel. It is swarming with people from Ireland, England, United States, Australia, Germany, France, Italy, etc etc. I am rooming with a couple guys from Northern Ireland. We are meeting a lot of really cool people, and hopefully they will be connections for us during our time here in Spain.

I must go now, but I will complete this blog later. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a melting pot of students. You're there to help with English. Are they there to help with other languages, or do they speak English too? Hey, find someone from Greece, so Rachel can make a contact before she goes. Enjoy your break! Plan your trips while you have time to do so.

Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben! Joey suggested I check your site. What a wonderful experience for you. Enjoy every minute - Adios, amigo --Sharon